I WILL REMEMBER THIS INCIDENCE.
"When I was a child, I don't remember exactly where, perhaps at school or at a relative's house, but I do remember the question. He or she, I can't recall, asked, "What do you want to be?" It was the first time I encountered such a question, and I remember my answer well. I replied, "I want to be a bus conductor." The person asking the question probably didn't anticipate such a response from a 6 or 7-year-old. Naturally, they laughed at first and then asked follow-up questions: "Why do you want to become a bus conductor?" My answer was spontaneous and based on simple logic. I said, "I have seen bus conductors counting money, a lot of money, so they could buy all the things they want." The questioner couldn't help but laugh and informed me that the money the bus conductor counts does not belong to him but to the government, and he has to submit it after the journey is completed. I wasn't convinced, but the incident stayed in my memory forever."
Comments
Post a Comment